things i wanna do w/u:
- get milkshakes at a cute fifties place
- splash in the street during a storm
- take pictures of flowers and cool plants
- kiss & hug in the ocean
- play cards by candlelight
- sew couple cosplays
- overthrow the government probably
captaincolonel asked: Hey Neil! As a person who does work with/help individuals with special needs, I just want to say that last anon is totes wrong. I love it when people call others out on language like retard. It's a word that many many people still use and don't get criticized for very often. If only people who actively worked to help people with disabilities could call out ableism, we wouldn't get anywhere very fast.
Yeah I got a family member with special needs too and I’m not okay with her growing up in a world that throws that word around, and ESPECIALLY not a world where people care so little about her that they’ll expend great lots of energy defending the act of throwing that word around. :\
Stupid, idiot, dumb, and moron were all at one time in the medical lexicon for officially describing various degrees of mental illness. I never see anyone raise issue with their usage.
What makes retard so special? (No pun intended.)
I’ve actually tried to stop using those too. It’s legit difficult.
i guess in my opinion the difference is that retard has not made that shift yet and there is still a chance to stop hurting people with special needs with the word retard instead of just waiting for its meaning to die down into meaning a softer version of what it does now. It equates stupidity with mental illness, all of the above words do the same, the difference is that it’s colloquial meaning isn’t yet its only meaning. so let’s just?? kill it now yeah??
- That nudity is inherently sexual
- That people should be judged for their personal decisions
- That yelling solves problems
- That they are too young to be talking about the things they’re already starting to ask questions about
- That age correlates to importance
- That interacting with someone of the opposite sex is inherently romantic
- That the default for someone is straight and cisgender
Self-Portrait - Sylvia Konior.
I love these. No exception. Every photo is gorgeous!
i just got the cutest package from cuteparade with the bracelets i ordered. it all came in this super cute envelope which it looks like they decorated with rilakkuma tape. dang! cute!!